Thursday, May 27, 2010

a busy month.... and my new friend!

It's been a very busy few weeks for me!  I've been working sooooooo hard on my yard preparing it for summer.  My yard is very big (274' long), and all I have to use at the moment is a weed whacker (that only reaches about 1/4 of the way down the yard since it is electric and that's as far as the cord goes), and a manual push mower... that doesn't actually cut weeds or anything thicker than grass.  I also have 2 huge 100+ year old oak trees, a pine tree and several other random trees... all of which love to drop branches and limbs into the yard that I need to pick up before I can mow.  Craziness. 

At least I am getting some very good exercise doing all of that!  Plus I have taken on some yard clean up jobs in the neighborhood to make a little extra money on the side.  Little do they know that I LOVE being outside, so it really doesn't feel like work to mow someones lawn or clean up after their doggies.

Since I have been spending so much time outside I ended up making a new friend!  I haven't picked a name for him yet, but he has certainly taking a liking to me.  He is a cute little Robin (I joked to my husband that the is my new "breast friend" since he is a robin red breast.... I guess it wasn't funny since I just got some major eye rolling from him in return lol).  Every time I go out to do yard work he is right there with me.  Whether I'm mowing or cutting branches or raking he's right there, only a few feet away.  I love it!

I had to post a few pictures because he's such a cutie.  Don't mind the weeds, these pics were taken at the beginning of my yard clean up adventures.  I've draw circles around him in some of the pics so he's easier to spot.


 





And here's a video that I thought was cute.  He was apparently trying to see just how many worms he could fit into his mouth at one time.

And of course I had to add this cute pic of my one of my bunnies (named Bunny) using another of my bunnies (named Alistair) butt as a pillow.



If anyone has any suggestions on what I should call the robin let me know :)  I'd like to stop calling him "that robin that follows me around"  lol.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute!I really love your bunnies btw, very sweet :O) Maybe call the Robin...Batman! I know, haha!Looks like you are getting some great weather there, it's been cool, grey and not nice for weeks. Just the odd nice day.

    ReplyDelete